Good Hygiene is a vital part of Cosmetic Dentistry. In order to deliver the consistent and impressive results with Cosmetic Dentistry procedures, Dr. Krauss insists on starting with a healthy mouth. Only upon this foundation can miracle makeovers can be built!
Routine Dental Check-ups
Good oral hygiene is important, not only for looks, but for general health as well. Poor oral hygiene can lead to a variety of dental and medical problems such as gum disease, infection, bone loss, heart disease, strokes and more. Routine dental check-ups are crucial to good oral hygiene and are the best way to detect problems at an early stage. Early detection and treatment saves unnecessary discomfort, time, and money.
The Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry recommends checkups twice a year. Since oral needs change with age and the condition of your teeth and gums, a checkup schedule that is more or less frequent than twice a year may be recommended.
Why Do I need a Check-up?
1. To Prevent Oral Cancer: Someone dies from oral cancer, every hour of every day in the United States alone. When you have your dental cleaning, your dentist is also screening you for oral cancer, which is highly curable if diagnosed early.
2. To Prevent Gum Disease: Gum disease is an infection in the gum tissues and bone that keep your teeth in place and is one of the leading causes of adult tooth loss. If diagnosed early, it can be treated and reversed. If treatment is not received, a more serious and advanced stage of gum disease may follow.
3. To Help Reduce Your Risk of Heart Attacks and Strokes: Recent studies have linked heart attacks and strokes to gum disease, resulting from poor oral hygiene. A dental cleaning every 6 months helps to keep your teeth and gums healthy and could possibly reduce your risk of heart disease and strokes.
4. To Keep Your Teeth: Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Regular dental check ups and cleanings, brushing and flossing are crucial to keeping as many teeth as you can. Keeping your teeth means better chewing function and ultimately, better health.
5. To Detect Dental Problems Early: Our team at Bakersfield Smile Design will be able to detect any early signs of problems with your teeth or gums. Early detection of cavities, broken fillings and gum disease are easily treatable. If these problems go untreated additional cosmetic dentistry procedures such as root canals, gum surgery and removal of teeth could become the only treatment options available.
6. To Use Your Dental Insurance Plan: Most dental insurance plans pay for all or most of the cost of dental cleanings and check ups every six months. Take advantage of your plan and save a lot of money in the long run by avoiding costly dental procedures that can result from poor oral hygiene.
7. To Have a Bright and White Smile: Our dental hygienist can remove most tobacco, coffee and tea stains. During a cleaning, she will also polish your teeth to a beautiful shine, resulting in a whiter and brighter smile!
8. To Prevent Bad Breath: Studies show that about 85 percent of people with persistent bad breath, also known as chronic halitosis have a dental problem that is to blame. Good oral hygiene is essential in preventing bad breath. Regular check ups and cleanings are the best way to make sure that you are maintaining good oral hygiene.
Did You Know?
While the old adage “An apple a day will keep the dentist away” may help you feel better, protecting against cavities is as simple as as regular brushing, flossing and visiting your dentist and dental hygienist at least every six months.
Need to schedule your Dental Hygiene Appointment?Schedule Appointment Now